Sunday 4 October 2015

Day 29 Creativity - Little Travel bags with Big Memories


When I travel I seem to have a collection of leads that seem to tangle! There's the phone charger, the iPad charger, the 3G mobile charger and so it goes on.
Given that neither weight nor room is usually a big problem when I go away, as we usually go in our lovely camper van.
This is an opportunity to have individual hand made bags. This also solves the problem of locating the correct lead easily.
This one (phone charger bag) has pull ups , that I made on the inkle loom while on Mull.
 


And this one has kuminiho braids, with wire crochet over tiny stones picked up from Iona.


The material from both of these is from a remnant of curtains which were in a favourite room in a previous house.

This one was not made by me, but part of a Christmas hand made small bag swap organised a few years ago by the Online Guild of weavers, spinners and dyers. It was handwoven in hand dyed fine cotton & lined with silk and made in Germany. Again nice memories when I use it.


The next to be made is one for the camera battery charger.... This at the moment is horror of horrors in a plastic bag. I had some great ‘view from the bedroom’ images on holiday in South West Scotland  so think one of those will be inspiration for a bag for that.  I am still  currently absorbed - in my spare time- in the colour work design for a knitted hat.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment